Nelson Construction installed these DOORBRIM extended width door canopies on the roof of a building in Paramus, NJ. Storefront doors can protect and most of all, stop leaking.
DOORBRIM door canopies, also referred to as door hoods, are an exciting innovation for the age old problem of protecting and preserving exterior doors, windows, frames and hardware. DOORBRIM products prevent leaks and premature repairs to doors, windows and building structures.
A DOORBRIM door canopy or hood has a dripless gutter that diverts rain water away from building structures. Keeps your doorways, walks and ramps drip free and dry. All types of buildings including residential, industrial and commercial are suitable for DOORBRIM door canopies.
- A DOORBRIM door canopy is made from durable, weather tolerant, ABS plastic with factory applied UV protection.
- Sized for a standard 36″ door or window, dimensions are: 54 1/4″ outside width, 51 1/2″ inside width, 7 1/2″ high and 7 1/2″ deep.
- Available in standard UV protected colors of almond (off white), beige or gray but easily painted your own custom color.
- Easily installed with (optional) stainless steel fasteners in a simple bed of caulking.
- Installation on rough or uneven surfaces like brick, rough texture stucco, tilt up concrete or metal buildings are possible.
- This requires an (optional) combination of closed cell foam butyl rods and structural caulking.
- Prevents costly and premature repairs.
- GREEN FEATURES: DOORBRIM door hoods are proactive in discouraging hidden mold by preventing water intrusion.
- Extends the life of doors, jambs and hardware.
- ABS plastic is also fully recyclable.
- The Construction Specifier “Understanding why doors leak”. May 2, 2013.
- Leggett, Rochelle. “How to Keep Rainwater From Coming Through Entrance Doors in the Home” last modified December 27, 2018.